Careers at Fathom
Fathom is transforming the way advisers and business owners create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We've helped over 10,000 businesses around the world gain the valuable insights they need to make better business decisions — and we're just getting started!
We're looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Perks, company and culture
Do your best work with the latest tech while we look after your back with Herman Miller Aeron Chairs
Enjoy unlimited espresso coffee brewed from gourmet coffee beans and select from a range of seasonal fruit
We're proud of our team! You'll be joining a range of experienced and innovative thinkers across a range of disciplines
Our Brisbane office is in a great location, offering free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Enjoy a convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre and medical centre
In a small team like ours, every role has an abundance of opportunities to learn, grow and show initiative
.NET Backend Developer
Yes - we’re looking for a ‘.NET Developer’, but really we want to find someone who is passionate about building and scaling the backbone of a modern cloud application and who wants to work with a team dedicated to doing it the right way.
We’re working on complex scaling, quality and performance issues and utilising a range of interesting technology and approaches (eg. queues, caching, logging, authorisation, identity, functions as a service (FaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)) to help bring our vision to fruition.
Of course, in addition to working on the platform, there are also customer facing features to implement and maintain. Our work here includes rendering visualisations, integrations with other systems, coding accounting concepts, and general number-crunching.
Our current team is dedicated to promoting clean architecture, developing using SOLID principles, implementing TDD where appropriate and utilising pair programming. Quality and long-term sustainability are our guiding principles.
This is a talented group of designers, engineers, business analysts and product specialists who love to collaborate, including people who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and contribute to the quality, value and architecture of a modern web application in a period of rapid growth.
We’d love you to be that person and help us build on this foundation.
What you'll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include, as an example:
- Implementing an exception logging framework for use across all our sites
- Participating in QA through peer code reviews
- Fixing a bug discovered by a customer
- Collaborating with design and front-end teams on a new reporting component
- Integrating with other applications through their APIs
- Practising TDD and ensuring we have appropriate coverage
- Improving the performance of an SQL query
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience as a software developer
- A practical understanding of test-driven development methodologies, SOLID principles and clean architecture.
- Experience with Azure is helpful but not required (Azure functions, logic apps, Redis, CosmosDB, Service Bus etc.)
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines is helpful but not required.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have a commitment to efficiency
- You have an ability to write with clarity and conciseness
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends
- You’ll be a fan of CI/CD
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, engineers & human beings in Brisbane, collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech — we want you to be productive
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and cover letter.
If you have any supporting information such as a Github profile, Stack Overflow profile, code samples, and links to sites or open-source projects you worked on, please attach this as well.Apply now
Customer Engagement Specialist
We are looking for an outgoing and driven Customer Engagement Specialist to join our team in Brisbane, Australia. You’ll be responsible for reaching out to new potential customers to drive adoption. Your primary goal will be to ensure potential customers are well equipped to start using Fathom successfully.
What you'll do
- You will focus on engaging new potential customers, establishing Fathom’s fit for the customer, and ensuring a seamless first experience
- Reach out to warm leads and potential customers who have expressed interest in Fathom through our free trial, or on our website. Outreach will be primarily via phone call and email
- Engage and qualify potential customers to understand their needs and use-case, provide solutions, and ultimately help them determine if Fathom is the right solution for their needs
- Onboard new customers, or introduce them to a team member for onboarding
- Provide product demonstrations (virtual and in-person) to potential customers
- Record key information in our CRM to ensure we have access to accurate and reliable data
- This role has the opportunity for advancement and growth further into Sales/BD, Customer Success, or Account Management
Who you are
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
- You enjoy helping people
- You like to challenge yourself, and you are always looking to improve
- You take initiative and you’re willing to put yourself out there
- You have a keen eye for process and consistency
- You are excited about technology, SaaS, FinTech or startups
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in sales, customer service or account management role
You may be an ideal candidate if
- You have an accounting or finance background/education
- You have worked in a software/IT organisation
- You have worked in a sales, customer success or account management role
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company. Fathom is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
How to apply
When you submit your application, please attach your resume, and cover letter. Your resume should tell the story of your experience, skills, and passions. Your cover letter should be tailored to this opportunity.
In your letter, please tell us why you want this job. Tell us about:
- why you want to work with customers
- why you want to work at Fathom and not somewhere else
- a description of a great customer experience you had recently, and what made it great, OR
- a time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project
- Must be a fluent English speaker and writer
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our diverse and rapidly expanding team as we move to our state of the art purpose built Head Office here in Brisbane, Australia, and continue our growth across the globe off the back of our new financial forecasting product release.
Your role will involve:
- Working as part of the Global Customer Success team and being a key point of contact across our two customer B2B and B2C channels here in Australia and New Zealand:
- Small to medium sized businesses and
- Small, medium and large accounting firms;
- Being our customers’ co-pilot, proactively engaging with them and providing education and excellent customer service so they get the most out of Fathom and understand it’s extraordinary capabilities;
- Reflecting Fathom’s commitment to customer excellence by going above and beyond.
What to expect from the role
Our customers are a varied and diverse mix of accounting firms, SMEs and franchise groups, and you’ll be communicating with them regularly. You’ll oversee them throughout their customer journey, making sure they get the most out of Fathom by:
- understanding their needs and providing guidance;
- helping them to grow as an account by supporting them with training, implementation and sharing best practices; and
- providing high quality support and problem resolution to maintain high retention rates.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of the Fathom product and knowledge of its practical applications to answer queries from your accounts as well as the wider, global customer base. You’ll also collaborate with our international teams on exciting new projects and initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of customers, guiding them throughout their journey with Fathom from onboarding to expansion, and fostering and maintaining strong relationships with them through various forms of communication (email, Zoom calls, telephone, in-person meetings, event attendances etc);
- Being a product expert and providing training and support to customers, aligning to their short, medium and long term needs and goals and helping them develop an implementation strategy to scale effectively whilst maintaining relationships for ongoing success and growth;
- Understanding any challenges our customers have in terms of using the product or barriers to growth, taking appropriate action including resolving queries and advocating for product development through the appropriate channels;
- Coordinating with our marketing, sales and support teams to ensure a smooth customer journey;
- Presenting webinars and other demonstrations of the product.
Qualifications and experience
- experience in accounting/finance and are able to interpret basic financial reports (an accounting qualification is preferable, but not necessary);
- great communications skills;
- the ability to identify and actualise opportunities for customer growth;
- a desire to talk with customers and foster long-term relationships with them;
- familiarity with cloud-based technologies, and their practical benefits;
- ideally a background working in customer success or as an account executive or account manager (and bonus points if you have SaaS experience).
Key skills and characteristics required will be:
- Financial literacy, with an understanding of basic financial reports;
- Attentive and confident communication with customers and being committed to high quality service and personalised customer experience;
- Problem solving capabilities including the identification and anticipation of user needs in sometimes ambiguous situations;
- Able to organise and prioritise a varied workload and competing needs/priorities;
- Comfortable being part of a dynamic team which is growing and evolving, and collaborating across functions;
- Self-starter who takes initiative to learn about all aspects of the product, customers, and industry;
- Interested to learn about the accounting and accounting-technology industries.
- Must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia