Careers at Fathom
Fathom is transforming the way advisers and business owners create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We've helped over 10,000 businesses around the world gain the valuable insights they need to make better business decisions — and we're just getting started!
We're looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Perks, company and culture
Do your best work with the latest tech while we look after your back with Herman Miller Aeron Chairs
Enjoy unlimited espresso coffee brewed from gourmet coffee beans and select from a range of seasonal fruit
We're proud of our team! You'll be joining a range of experienced and innovative thinkers across a range of disciplines
Our Brisbane office is in a great location, offering free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Enjoy a convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre and medical centre
In a small team like ours, every role has an abundance of opportunities to learn, grow and show initiative
.NET Backend Developer
Yes - we’re looking for a ‘.NET Developer’, but really we want to find someone who is passionate about building and scaling the backbone of a modern cloud application and who wants to work with a team dedicated to doing it the right way.
We’re working on complex scaling, quality and performance issues and utilising a range of interesting technology and approaches (eg. queues, caching, logging, authorisation, identity, functions as a service (FaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)) to help bring our vision to fruition.
Of course, in addition to working on the platform, there are also customer facing features to implement and maintain. Our work here includes rendering visualisations, integrations with other systems, coding accounting concepts, and general number-crunching.
Our current team is dedicated to promoting clean architecture, developing using SOLID principles, implementing TDD where appropriate and utilising pair programming. Quality and long-term sustainability are our guiding principles.
This is a talented group of designers, engineers, business analysts and product specialists who love to collaborate, including people who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and contribute to the quality, value and architecture of a modern web application in a period of rapid growth.
We’d love you to be that person and help us build on this foundation.
What you'll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include, as an example:
- Implementing an exception logging framework for use across all our sites
- Participating in QA through peer code reviews
- Fixing a bug discovered by a customer
- Collaborating with design and front-end teams on a new reporting component
- Integrating with other applications through their APIs
- Practising TDD and ensuring we have appropriate coverage
- Improving the performance of an SQL query
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience as a software developer
- A practical understanding of test-driven development methodologies, SOLID principles and clean architecture.
- Experience with Azure is helpful but not required (Azure functions, logic apps, Redis, CosmosDB, Service Bus etc.)
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines is helpful but not required.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have a commitment to efficiency
- You have an ability to write with clarity and conciseness
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends
- You’ll be a fan of CI/CD
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, engineers & human beings in Brisbane, collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech — we want you to be productive
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and cover letter.
If you have any supporting information such as a Github profile, Stack Overflow profile, code samples, and links to sites or open-source projects you worked on, please attach this as well.Apply now
Cambridge, Great Britain
We’re looking for an experienced Marketing Manager with strong communication skills and a love of digital marketing processes and technologies.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be familiar with marketing technology, love data, possess excellent writing skills, and be able to work across teams.
You will collaborate with an international team of marketing experts to implement digital marketing and demand generation campaigns across multiple channels including email, web, social, webinars, and events.
- Co-ordinating and building webinar campaigns, from email messaging, social media messaging and content.
- Supporting the local UK team to best deliver on marketing campaigns and educational projects.
- Working with our Head of Marketing and marketing team in Brisbane, Australia to ensure effective lead generation and marketing campaigns focusing on the UK but also more broadly in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Identifying and exploring Public Relations, press content, and interview opportunities for the UK team.
- Informing the Australian marketing team on pay per click, and paid marketing campaign opportunities.
- Working with our Content Strategist in Cambridge to build the social media marketing strategy around a new educational initiative called Advisable.
- Informing development of the Advisable platform and our online engagement strategy and interaction with partners providing content.
- Image editing for social assets and basic video editing tasks.
The day to day will be varied - working in the Cambridge WeWork office opposite Cambridge Station. An average day may involve working with the Advisable Content Strategist in building Linkedin and Twitter campaigns, researching a written article with a member of the customer success team, then in the afternoon speaking with third parties looking at marketing partnership opportunities with professional bodies.
- You will have 3+ years experience in digital marketing, growth marketing or copywriting.
- You ideally will have experience working in a start-up or scale-up marketing function.
- You are a passionate team player who has exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to write creative and compelling copy
- Experience in social media, paid search, organic lead-gen, and CRO
- Experience using analytics tools (ie. Google Analytics, Google Ads)
- Prior experience working in a SaaS or startup environment is an advantage