Careers at Fathom
Fathom is transforming the way advisers and business owners create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We've helped over 10,000 businesses around the world gain the valuable insights they need to make better business decisions — and we're just getting started!
We're looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Perks, company and culture
Do your best work with the latest tech while we look after your back with Herman Miller Aeron Chairs
Enjoy unlimited espresso coffee brewed from gourmet coffee beans and select from a range of seasonal fruit
We're proud of our team! You'll be joining a range of experienced and innovative thinkers across a range of disciplines
Our Brisbane office is in a great location, offering free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Enjoy a convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre and medical centre
In a small team like ours, every role has an abundance of opportunities to learn, grow and show initiative
.NET Backend Developer
Yes - we’re looking for a ‘.NET Developer’, but really we want to find someone who is passionate about building and scaling the backbone of a modern cloud application and who wants to work with a team dedicated to doing it the right way.
We’re working on complex scaling, quality and performance issues and utilising a range of interesting technology and approaches (eg. queues, caching, logging, authorisation, identity, functions as a service (FaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)) to help bring our vision to fruition.
Of course, in addition to working on the platform, there are also customer facing features to implement and maintain. Our work here includes rendering visualisations, integrations with other systems, coding accounting concepts, and general number-crunching.
Our current team is dedicated to promoting clean architecture, developing using SOLID principles, implementing TDD where appropriate and utilising pair programming. Quality and long-term sustainability are our guiding principles.
This is a talented group of designers, engineers, business analysts and product specialists who love to collaborate, including people who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and contribute to the quality, value and architecture of a modern web application in a period of rapid growth.
We’d love you to be that person and help us build on this foundation.
What you'll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include, as an example:
- Implementing an exception logging framework for use across all our sites
- Participating in QA through peer code reviews
- Fixing a bug discovered by a customer
- Collaborating with design and front-end teams on a new reporting component
- Integrating with other applications through their APIs
- Practising TDD and ensuring we have appropriate coverage
- Improving the performance of an SQL query
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience as a software developer
- A practical understanding of test-driven development methodologies, SOLID principles and clean architecture.
- Experience with Azure is helpful but not required (Azure functions, logic apps, Redis, CosmosDB, Service Bus etc.)
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines is helpful but not required.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have a commitment to efficiency
- You have an ability to write with clarity and conciseness
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends
- You’ll be a fan of CI/CD
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, engineers & human beings in Brisbane, collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech — we want you to be productive
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and cover letter.
If you have any supporting information such as a Github profile, Stack Overflow profile, code samples, and links to sites or open-source projects you worked on, please attach this as well.Apply now
Head of Account Management, ANZ
As our customer base grows, we are looking for an experienced account manager to lead a small team and further develop our biggest customers' usage of Fathom. Typically these are large accounting firms, so credibility in the industry is required - you'll be speaking to accountants on a daily basis. We also have some large franchise and multi-entity groups in our managed accounts.
The role is based at our head office in Brisbane and reports to the Global Head of Customer.
Goals & responsibilities:
- Nurture relationships across the top accounting firms and grow the number of connected companies in our key accounts
- Drive education and advocacy of Fathom. Identify marketing opportunities from existing users and create content such as webinars and articles on how best to use Fathom in practice
- Partner closely with the sales team on key deals to ensure smooth transition and provide accounting & technical validation if needed
- Optimise onboarding workflow and implementation strategies for large accounts to get maximum value from Fathom
- Evaluate tech stack to enable improved account management processes globally, key outcomes include clearer segmentation for efficient reach outs and better reporting and data across managed accounts
- Develop and support account managers across the AU team enabling them to reach the best outcome. Coordinate the communication of AU account management initiatives globally
- Grow monthly recurring revenue from managed accounts by increasing upgrades while minimising downgrades and cancels
- Manage and support a growing team of account managers (currently one, soon to be two)
- Strong understanding of accounting industry, ideally CA/CPA qualified
- 5 years experience in client facing Account Mgmt, Partnership or Business Development roles
- Working knowledge of accounting software products such as Xero, QBO and the wider ecosystem of apps
- Experience in managing a small team
- Highly motivated self-starter and collaborative team player, proactive in supporting customers and going the extra mile for them
- Excellent communicator, comfortable in writing articles and appearing on webinars or panel discussions
- Proven ability to influence customers using data-driven insights and recommendations
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and cover letter.Apply now