Careers at Fathom
Fathom is transforming the way advisers and business owners create beautiful performance reports and access timely business insights. We've helped over 10,000 businesses around the world gain the valuable insights they need to make better business decisions — and we're just getting started!
We're looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Perks, company and culture
Do your best work with the latest tech while we look after your back with Herman Miller Aeron Chairs
Enjoy unlimited espresso coffee brewed from gourmet coffee beans and select from a range of seasonal fruit
We're proud of our team! You'll be joining a range of experienced and innovative thinkers across a range of disciplines
Our Brisbane office is in a great location, offering free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Enjoy a convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre and medical centre
In a small team like ours, every role has an abundance of opportunities to learn, grow and show initiative
.NET Backend Developer
Yes - we’re looking for a ‘.NET Developer’, but really we want to find someone who is passionate about building and scaling the backbone of a modern cloud application and who wants to work with a team dedicated to doing it the right way.
We’re working on complex scaling, quality and performance issues and utilising a range of interesting technology and approaches (eg. queues, caching, logging, authorisation, identity, functions as a service (FaaS), platform as a service (PaaS)) to help bring our vision to fruition.
Of course, in addition to working on the platform, there are also customer facing features to implement and maintain. Our work here includes rendering visualisations, integrations with other systems, coding accounting concepts, and general number-crunching.
Our current team is dedicated to promoting clean architecture, developing using SOLID principles, implementing TDD where appropriate and utilising pair programming. Quality and long-term sustainability are our guiding principles.
This is a talented group of designers, engineers, business analysts and product specialists who love to collaborate, including people who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and contribute to the quality, value and architecture of a modern web application in a period of rapid growth.
We’d love you to be that person and help us build on this foundation.
What you'll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include, as an example:
- Implementing an exception logging framework for use across all our sites
- Participating in QA through peer code reviews
- Fixing a bug discovered by a customer
- Collaborating with design and front-end teams on a new reporting component
- Integrating with other applications through their APIs
- Practising TDD and ensuring we have appropriate coverage
- Improving the performance of an SQL query
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3+ years experience as a software developer
- A practical understanding of test-driven development methodologies, SOLID principles and clean architecture.
- Experience with Azure is helpful but not required (Azure functions, logic apps, Redis, CosmosDB, Service Bus etc.)
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines is helpful but not required.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have a commitment to efficiency
- You have an ability to write with clarity and conciseness
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends
- You’ll be a fan of CI/CD
This is an opportunity to work with a fun and talented team in a supportive environment. There are plenty of lunch options and we enjoy taking lunch together most days. There will often be a game of basketball, frisbee or grid-iron passing taking place.
You will have access to:
- Some of the best designers, engineers & human beings in Brisbane, collaborating together in a modern, light-filled office.
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress in a growing team
- Great back support with a Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- The latest tech — we want you to be productive
- Unlimited espresso coffee, fresh fruit
- A convenient walk to daycare, schools, park, gym, shopping centre, medical centre
- Free parking and an easy commute against the traffic
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please send your résumé and cover letter.
If you have any supporting information such as a Github profile, Stack Overflow profile, code samples, and links to sites or open-source projects you worked on, please attach this as well.Apply now
Customer Success Specialist
We are looking for a talented customer advocate to join our customer success team in Brisbane, Australia. You’ll be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and support to our customers via email, phone, and screen share. You’ll answer incoming questions from customers via Fathom’s support system, Intercom. Your primary goal will be ensuring customers receive helpful and informative responses in a timely manner. For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to manage a customer support team.
What you'll be doing
Many of the questions you’ll encounter are related to either; software issues which require troubleshooting, or basic accounting and finance which require an introductory understanding of these concepts. Deep programming or accounting knowledge is not required, however you should be well-versed in basic troubleshooting techniques. An understanding of core accounting concepts (debits & credits, financial statements, etc) is an advantage.
Initially you’ll be expected to take a proactive approach to learn about the Fathom product, the accounting industry and our customers and partners. Once fully up-to-speed (2-3 months), you’ll be responsible for intermediate to advanced support queries in the APAC region. You will be expected able to independently resolve customer queries, however you will also be part of a larger team available to support you for more complex issues.
You will interact daily with our product development team to communicate customer feedback and to help resolve issues. You’ll also have the opportunity to undertake your own passion projects related to supporting our customers.
We’re looking for a great communicator (both written and verbal) who loves helping people. Excellent writing skills are critical for this role and you should enjoy making complicated situations simple and painless for others. This means being a great problem-solver with the ability to analyse and resolve issues quickly. A positive attitude and an innate sense of compassion and empathy will be very helpful in this role. An outstanding candidate is someone with prior customer service experience, an understanding of core accounting and finance concepts, and a passion for technology.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Our current team comes from a diversity of professional backgrounds, and we will support you in your journey to adapt and learn a new industry.
How to Apply:
When you submit your application online, please attach your resume, and cover letter. Your resume should tell the story of your experience, skills, and passions. Your cover letter should be tailored to this opportunity.
In your letter, please tell us why you want this job. Tell us about:
- Why you want to work in customer support.
- Why you want to work at Fathom and not somewhere else.
- A description of a great customer service/support experience you had recently, and what made it great.
- A time you taught yourself a new skill to complete a job or project.
Cambridge, Great Britain
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our diverse and rapidly expanding team in the UK as the key point of contact for our large and strategically important accounts, providing them excellent customer service and reflecting Fathom’s values by going above and beyond.
Our customers are a varied mix of accounting firms and SMEs, and you’ll be communicating with them regularly. You’ll oversee them throughout their customer journey, making sure they get the most out of Fathom by understanding their needs and providing guidance; helping them to grow as an account by supporting them with training, implementation and sharing best practices; and providing high quality support and problem resolution to maintain high retention rates.
You’ll gain a deep understanding of the product, and knowledge of its practical applications, to answer queries from your accounts as well as the wider, global customer base. You’ll also collaborate with our international teams on exciting new projects and initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of customers and fostering and maintaining strong relationships with them through various forms of communication (email, Zoom calls, telephone, etc).
- Being a product expert and providing training and support to customers.
- Understanding any challenges our customers have in terms of using the product or barriers to growth, and taking appropriate action.
- Coordinating with our sales team to ensure a smooth customer journey.
- Presenting webinars and other demonstrations of the product.
Qualifications and experience
You have experience in accounting/finance and are able to interpret basic financial reports. An accounting qualification is preferable, but not necessary. You’re familiar with cloud-based technologies, and their practical benefits.
You enjoy talking with customers and fostering long-term relationships with them, and you can manage many differing customers, prioritising and organising your work effectively.
Key skills and characteristics required will be:
- Attentive communication with customers and being committed to high quality service
- Financial literacy, with an understanding of basic financial reports
- Able to organise and prioritise a varied workload
- Comfortable as part of a dynamic team which is growing and evolving, and collaborating across functions
Fathom’s UK office is based in Cambridge, however we’ve largely moved to a flexible working model. The role can be performed remotely, but you would be required to attend the office once at least every 2-3 weeks (covid-restrictions permitting).Apply now